Wednesday, March 03, 2004

It's not due to a lack of interest


I enjoy the movies, I like the characters, but I find it near impossible to get involved with the books. I'm probably the only guy I know who's slogged through all three books of Robinson's Mar's Trilogy (twice!) - and it's cast of hundreds, and it's span of three centuries - including two constitutional conventions, several wars and the search for a decent cup of kavajava on the slopes of Chryse.

But dwarves just don't do it for me on the grand scale. Hell, I've even read all five of Herbert's Dune. But elves and magic and dwarves and orcs and bouncing eyeballs just don't maintain my interest past a few hours.

I'm not a big fan of roasted turkey, either. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the rest of Thanksgiving dinner.

On the other note, I've noticed that I have a self concealed office that could be upgraded to Linux with no major training hassles. I have only the two computers, I may be running a server soon and my business is, well, text based. If the NVidia 128 dual port graphics card doesn't support Linux, BFD. All I need to do is to run a few printers, a wireless network and laptop that will sync to my PDA.

But that would require spending Sundays in the office. And Sundays are my day off. And I've had no major problems with the Win98SE and Win95SP4 machines I currently have. They're kludgy at times, but they do what I need them to do. I'm more concerned right now with my lack of books then I am with a lack of hardware. How's that for a 21st conundrum?

I want to know more about this instead.
If I have to change another title to H3, I'm going to start editing text while I'm in there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home