Saturday, May 22, 2004

My head is bloodied, but unbowed


Aw, you knew I couldn't resist today's news two-fer:

George Bush fell off his mountain bike on Saturday, grazing his chin, upper lip, nose, both knees, and his right hand, a White House spokesman said.
Mr Bush suffered "minor abrasions and scratches" during the fall, Trent Duffy told reporters.

He was wearing a bike helmet and mouth guard, he said.
[More]


Isn't this how The West Wing started?

Patricia asked why he doesn't use that mouthguard more often.

I know that Mr. Duffy towed the line and said that the President, who is slightly more scuffed up than my son, had every reason to fall, what with the rainfall and everything, but the four other guys were fine. I know, I know — twenty percent losses are nothing for this administration. In fact, Wolfowitz will surely decrease the number of injuries on that trip by twenty percent.

It's funny that he is just about as banged up as my three year old currently is. I suppose it's because they share the same intellectual level (with my son, of course, having immense potential). Other similarities between the President and my son are that my son also doesn't read any newspapers and isn't allowed to eat pretzels unsupervised.

I suspect Bush was actually told who won the Palme d'Or. While someone was explaining to him what the Palme d'Or was, how important it is, and where Cannes is, Bush either a) exceeded processing capacity or b) started to make some joke about the word Cannes and took a tumble.

Terry: congratulations on your awesome bike. I looked at the site and hope you get some kind of per-click kickback. But I think you should enjoy it while it lasts. Tom Ridge should have an announcement tomorrow about these emerging threats to our safety.
For the record, I would never dream of accusing the President of whistling show tunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home