Sunday, August 01, 2004

Use the Farce


Talking with Dad this morning: Suppose I wanted to start a church to practice religion in my own way and receive those sweet tax breaks. Let's call it the First Church of the Jedi. Let's say I attract enough practioners that it could be a viable church.

Can other churches shoot me down, saying that my church is a farce, that it violates the sanctity of religion? From what I understand, nearly every religion states that all others are invalid, so unless we have a state religion, their claims must not have any legal standing.

If this is the case, then why is it that I can tell two gay guys who've been together longer than I have in either of my marriages that their love must not be officially recognized as that would take away from the sanctity of my marriage/divorce cycle?

I'm Shawn Laasch, and I approve this message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home