Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Well, That didn't take long


Impeach, Indict, Imprison?

You'll get your Iran/Contra - don't worry. The pattern is too well fixed over the last forty years. All second term presidents have to deal with some kind of massive investigation by Congress into wrongdoing.

By Congress. 60 Minutes II, Michael Moore and Fromthewilderness.com do not count.

Here is my prediction: The scandal will involve some effort to strengthen America's position in some crisis - more Iran/Contra then Monica Lewinsky. This guy will get in trouble not by satisfying his own sense of greed or pleasure, but rather by making some enormous tactical blunder in one of our country's adventures.

I also predict that with 55 Republicans in the Senate, it will not rise to the level of impeachable offenses.
Going back to my ice cream and antibiotics. Who knew that strep throat could be so fun. I hope somebody is covering for me at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home