Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Necessity of the Story


Tillman was Old Shoe, from that eerily prescient masterpiece, Wag The Dog. Sheesh.

As to the way to wage war, I don't really know what to say. The Republican Class of '94 said that American troops shouldn't be committed in actions like Mogadishu. What were they going after? What was their measure of success?

Can you imagine how much more prosperous Africa would have been now, had the seeds of democracy been properly sown in Somalia? Their freedom would have been beautiful, and a democratic nation in that region could have helped defuse the genocides in Rwanda and Sudan.
Everyone who has a college degree: "then" refers to a time, "than" is a comparative. If I knew then what I know now, I would used the right word rather than look like my degree was a waste of money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home