Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Just Do It


Filibuster! Filibuster!! Only Democrats can use that technique!! Republicans are not allowed!! How dare he?


Admittedly, I haven't been following this as closely as maybe I should be, but I don't give a fuck. (See earlier posts that attempted to illustrate my disdain for the entire process, as it is impossible to predict how judges will act on the issues that they actually rule on, not just the itty bitty soundbite issues that Congressmen can easily digest)

But from what I've been able to deduce from up here in the frozen snowy, the Dems are threatening to filibuster judicial candidates - but no actual filibusters have occurred yet - just the grandstanding that one typically sees in a schoolyard.

Filibusters are a tough thing to actually accomplish - you've got to be able to put somebody up there to keep talking until a quorum is no longer available. IOW, you've got to put some actual effort into it. I have not seen this yet.

And rules changes to prevent them from doing this? Short-sighted polticial grand standing that they will come to regret when Hillary is president.
How long do you think you'll be able to continue cheering on people in Congress? I wore out after fifteen years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home