Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Nukyular Option



Yeah, Dems (and other freedom-loving people) hate these nominees, but more than that, we were worried about the complete consolidation of power into one massive interest (which wasn't shared by the majority of the people, by the way).

All in all, I'm happy with the outcome. Bush has his lowest ratings. Dems have retained the right to protect me from the usherance of another Dark Age. Frist and McCain have lost the support of their religious bases. Good day for me.

If someone asked me to do 200 favors for them, and I agreed to all of these favors but 10, how could I be called an asshole? 200 of the President's nominees are sitting on benches. 10 are egregious. 5%. Now, the Senate has said it will go with all but 2. 1%. How is this bad? I think it's bad because these nominees were clearly hacks for industry and activist judges, twisting the law to suit whatever views they needed (cf. Priscilla Owen and Enron or Ford). I think that if we'd seend this many of Clinton's judges appointed, life would have been better, but what do I know?

Give 'em hell, Harry (Reid)!

Casablanca wasn't about colonialism? Also, please to check my posting from Forbes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home